The astrology forecast for the week of May 9, 2022 through May 15, 2022 features two planetary aspects (Sun square Saturn and Sun sextile Neptune), Mercury turning retrograde in Gemini, and Jupiter moving out of Pisces and into Aries.
So, there is a lot going on this week. Let’s dive right in.
This week, the cosmic juggernaut Jupiter moves out of Pisces (he will return later in the year) and into Aries. In astrology, Jupiter is the planet of expansion – he makes our lives grow bigger, better, bolder, and hopefully wiser. When Jupiter moves into a new sign, he expands the natural tendencies of the sign, and since he is moving into Aries, get ready for a giant dose of get up and go.
The sign of Aries is extremely individualistic and concerned with matters related to the self. Some keywords associated with Aries are initiating, energetic, forceful, and courageous. When Jupiter moves through the sign of the ram, he will expand our lives by pushing our individual selves forward. So, this is an excellent time to go after whatever you want in life, whether career related, your personal goals, or your inner desires. Jupiter gives us the ability to make things happen, and the drive and determination to succeed.
Overall, it is time for you to seize your moment! Don’t let this energy pass you by, it only comes around every 12 years.
Monday, May 9, 2022
The Moon moves through energetic Leo and opposes Saturn early in the day. The Moon in opposition to Saturn could lead to feelings of isolation, negative mindsets, and difficulties with authority figures. After the Moon opposes Saturn, it goes void of course, until she moves into Virgo. While the Moon is void of course, it’s best to avoid beginning anything new or signing documents. The Moon moves into Virgo at 6:53 PM EST/3:53 PST.
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Besides Jupiter moving into Aries, Mercury turns retrograde in Gemini. Mercury retrograde in Gemini instructs us to look at our thoughts and opinions, and make adjustments if necessary. Avoid making major decisions and expect communication issues. Also, make sure you keep your computer and electronic devices updated and backed up. Since Mercury rules Gemini, you can expect this retrograde to be a doozy.
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
The Moon continues its trip through Virgo and forms tense aspects to Mars and Neptune. Mild disagreements with others may occur during the early morning hours. Be as proactive as possible, and avoid reacting to other people’s issues. Later in the day, the Moon opposes Neptune. You may experience some mild confusion, and it’s best not to make any decisions at this time.
Thursday, May 12, 2022
The Moon moves into Libra during the early morning hours and opposes Jupiter, Venus and trines Mercury. Although this is not the best day for heavy lifting, it’s an excellent day to spend some time enjoying your life and having some good old-fashioned fun. You will also want to socialize and connect with others.
Friday, May 13, 2022
The Moon continues to move through Libra and forms a lovely trine to Saturn in Aquarius. Yesterday was about fun in the Sun, but today is all about taking care of business. Make sure you take time out today to take care of your duties and responsibilities. Legal matters may also be an issue.
Saturday, May 14, 2022
The Moon moves into Scorpio, the sign of the upcoming lunar eclipse that happens on Monday. Expect intense emotions to surface, and problems from the past may need resolution. Try to be as non-reactive as possible when dealing with others, because they may be potentially volatile.
Sunday, May 15, 2022
We close the week with a few solar aspects, the most significant being the Sun square Saturn. Today is a battle between your personal gratification and your duties and responsibilities. You may feel depressed and restrictive, and you may want to break free of your circumstances. Try to push away negative thoughts if they surface.
To help you with Mercury Rx, I have included the following:
Mercury Rx Dirty Dozen! Tips and Tricks to Wrangling the Trickster God
- Make sure you go over anything contractual thoroughly. Make sure all the i’s are dotted, and all the t’s are crossed. If you can get away with it, wait until after the retrograde to sign on the dotted line.
- Avoid starting anything new. New projects tend to have communication problems and mishaps when initiated during this process.
- Put a watch on your tongue. (If it is not worth saying, don’t say it)
- Check your vehicles for any potential problems. Before Mercury goes retrograde, is the best time for a service call.
- Avoid buying real estate or renting apartments. Usually, this means you will move again during a future Mercury Rx.
- Using mail delivery services that offer tracking and insurance.
- Check, recheck, and check again any travel plans you have or appointments on the books.
- If you do travel, don’t take anything of importance or value. Only bring items that you do not care if they are lost or stolen.
- Expect people from the past to resurface. However, once they crawl out of whatever cavern they came from, proceed with caution.
- Back up all electronic devices.
- Avoid buying an automobile.
- Mercury Rx is a great time to scour places (online and offline) for great deals!
See you next week!