Mercury Retrograde in Gemini – May 29, 2021 – June 22, 2021
Mercury, the planet of communication, goes into trickster mode when he reverses course on May 28, 2021, at 6:34 PM EST.
So, I’ll give you a chance to scream and mutter before I give you the “Astro-Tea.”
Now that we have had a momentary fit, and the banshees have gone to wail elsewhere, let’s dig in…
Mercury Rx Dirty Dozen! Tips and Tricks to Wrangling the Trickster God
Let’s begin with the recommendations (Notice I didn’t use the lists of should or should not? Mainly because we should never should on ourselves).
- Make sure you go over anything contractual thoroughly. Make sure all the i’s are dotted, and all the t’s are crossed. If you can get away with it, wait until after the retrograde is over (June 22) to sign on the dotted line.
- Avoid starting anything new. New projects tend to have communication problems and mishaps when initiated during this process.
- Put a watch on your tongue. (If it is not worth saying, don’t say it)
- Check your vehicles for any potential problems. Before Mercury goes retrograde is the best time for a service call.
- Avoid buying real estate or renting apartments. Usually, this means you are just going to move again during a future Mercury Rx.
- Using mail delivery services that offer tracking and insurance – especially now since the Post Office has still not recovered from the pandemic.
- Check, recheck, and check again any travel plans you have or appointments that are on the books.
- If you do travel, don’t take anything of importance or value. Only bring items that you do not care if they are lost or stolen.
- Expect people from the past to resurface. However, once they do crawl out of whatever cavern they came from, proceed with caution.
- Back up all electronic devices.
- Avoid buying an automobile.
- Mercury Rx is an excellent time to scour places (online and offline) for great deals!
Now, that is some list. But, if you want to avoid the most annoying tricks Mercury has up his sleeve, it is wise to pay close attention and organize (Mercury loves that word) accordingly.
Mercury is the planet of travel, commercial matters, business transactions, and communication for those of you not in the know. Three to four times a year, Mercury (and he is the only planet that retrogrades that frequently) begins to move backward through the zodiac, at least from the visual perspective of the Earth. This is known as Mercury Retrograde or abbreviated Mercury Rx.
This go around, Mercury retrogrades in Gemini, the sign he rules. Now, some may say that is a good thing, but in my experience, planets that go retrograde in their sign can be more intense; you can expect that Mercury will serve up more tricks this retrograde season. The mutable signs – Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces, need to be cautious because Mercury forms challenging aspects to your signs. For Aries, Leo, Libra, and Aquarius, you will still receive plenty of tricks, but they will not have as tough of an impact. Finally, signs in aversion to Gemini (Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, and Capricorn) may have the most challenging ride because it is difficult to create a relationship with a planet you cannot see you may need to always stay on guard.
Mercury Rx square Neptune
As if Mercury retrograde was not bad enough, Mercury is applying to a problematic aspect to Neptune. Mercury square Neptune is a highly confusing aspect, and at times you may find it difficult to think clearly and unable to form the right words. People may misinterpret what you say, and equally, your ability to understand them will be challenging. Most importantly, take any information you receive with a grain of salt because ‘the truth’ can be somewhat elusive while this aspect is active. Try your hardest to be clear and concise with everything you say.
Mercury Rx conjoins Venus
Mercury also retrogrades close to a conjunction with Venus, the love goddess. Since Mercury Rx has a reputation for wanting to “run it back” (that’s hip-speak for repeat things), you can expect past relationships to resurface. Although the latest episode of “Return of the X” may be exhilarating, usually the same problems surface. There is a purpose for this: Mercury wants to see if you learned the lesson the first time around, or do you need to go around the mountain of pain and heartbreak once again?
Hopefully, I have not terrified you to the point that you are ready to run to your bunker. Mercury retrograde does serve an essential purpose. He allows you to review (he loves words that begin with re) and reflect on the past three months and take note of what has worked for you and where you may need to change your game plan. Additionally, if you have made some choices, you would like to re-do (notice that re), now would be the time to decide what changes you would like to make and act once Mercury goes direct on June 22.
As a final note, Mercury in Gemini likes things fast-paced. He doesn’t stand still and can seem frantic at times. If you feel like you are on the wrong side of a mental hurricane, take some time and slow down. Take a break from the noise whenever you can. And, if something annoys you (I’ll have to limit my social media time), stay away from it.
I will break down how Mercury Rx will affect every sign in my weekly astrology forecast. Watch this space!