Are you confused about what type of psychic reading would be best for you? You are not alone! Many new callers have a hard time sorting through all the advisors on Keen.com to find one that they feel can help them with their questions about the future.
In most cases, it is a language barrier. What is the difference between a clairvoyant and a medium? Is there any similarity between tarot and the i-ching? To make this easier for you, we have compiled a list of the top 20 types of psychic readings.
- Astrology – Some people believe that astrology is just “that column”
in the New York Times that you read for fun. After all, it should apply to everyone that is a particular sign, right? Not exactly – a chart that is drawn up for your time and place of birth reveals the energies and potentials you were born with. An astrologer can predict the current trends in your life based upon where the planets in the heavens are currently and compare them to where they were when you were born. Out of all the psychic tools, Astrology is probably the best when timing is of importance to you.
- Aura Readings – The human body has an outer organ called “the skin” that acts as a physical shield so that the inner organs are not damaged. Likewise, the energy field that radiates from the skin outward is called an ‘auric field’ (or simply an aura) that protects the physical body from psychic or spiritual damage. A trained psychic that specializes in aura readings can gain information about you by tapping into this energy field. The field contains your memories, symbolic images, and energies that belong to others – such as friends, family members, and even enemies. An aura reading can help you get in touch with your own energy, and help you release blocks that are preventing your spiritual or emotional growth.
- Cartomancy – The current deck of cards we use to play rummy or poker arrived on the European scene in the 14th century. Playing cards were all the rage amongst the wealthy, those of noble origins, and the elite who used them for fun and gambling. Moreover, the playing cards were also used to reveal the future to those who sought out their advice. The cards are assigned meanings by the reader to reflect various aspects of the individual’s life using ‘spreads’ that revealed the past, present, and future. Cartomancy’s popularity increased during the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries into a sophisticated method of fortune telling. In the 21st century, cartomancy has experienced resurgence and has evolved into many oracle and angel decks that are experiencing enormous popularity.
- Cleromancy – The act of acting lots is over 4,000 years old. It appears frequently in the Judeo-Christian bible, and is even an act commanded by God in the book of Leviticus (Leviticus 16:8). Today, cleromancy is mainly executed by throwing bones, stones, or dice. A cleromancer then analyzes the position, orientation, and mutual proximity of the objects cast.
- Clairvoyant – Clairvoyant means clear seeing. Psychics that utilize this skill have the ability to see images or visions that are related to the individual’s life. Clairvoyants can tap into the energy system of the client and see the past, present, and future. The modern understanding of the word psychic is often synonymous for clairvoyant.
- Psychometry – Psychometry is very similar to clairvoyance except that the psychometrist usually uses an article that belongs to the client in order to tape into their unique vibration. In some cases, psychics that specialize in psychometry will use their own objects to receive information.
- Remote Viewing – Remote viewing is a specialized clairvoyant skill that allows the psychic to travel “psychically” to another location to describe a scene or event. Once the psychic is in the location they can read the past, present, and future of that location. Remote viewing is frequently used by psychic investigators to describe crime scenes and how crimes happen. Further, it is used in past life regression sessions so that the psychic can reveal the clients past lives to them through the images they receive.
- Crystal Ball Readings – Chrystal Ball Readings are similar to clairvoyant readings and psychometry. It is psychometric because it involves the use of an object. The trained crystal ball reader will see images or visions through the use of their crystal ball. This skill is often used in Hollywood representations of psychics because it is an excellent prop they can use the convey information on the screen.
- Clairaudience – Clairaudience is clear hearing. A psychic who is clairaudient will receive information through sounds. The audio information may be either symbolic or literal. In both cases, the clairaudient is able to interpret the meaning of the sounds to the client.
- Channeling – Channeling is often confused with mediumship (more on mediums below); however both are very different forms of psychic communications. All channels have the gift of clairaudience, yet the channel has a unique ability to access audio frequencies and receive information from disembodied beings such as spirit guides or angels. The channel will convey the ‘messages’ to the client. In addition, channels will often serve as facilitators to assist clients to access their own higher guidance. Automatic writing is a form of channeling.
- Mediumship – Since the turn of the century, the most popular form of psychic advice has come in the forum of mediumship. Simply put, a medium is a psychic that can communicate with loved ones that have passed on to the other side. Gifted mediums can provide clients with the closure they need to move forward with their lives, yet still feel connected to those they love. Additionally, many mediums are also channels which allow them to connect to high level spiritual beings that convey spiritual messages to clients.
- Telepathy – A telepath is a psychic who can receive psychic transmission based on thought patterns. There are several different types of telepathy including latent, precognitive, and emotive. Despite the difference in the labels, each type of telepathy receives its information from thought patterns (called PSI). Telepath’s can reveal what someone’s thoughts are in the past, present, and future.
- Clairsentient – Clairsentient means ‘clear feeling’. Out of all the psychic skills, clairsentience is the broadest. For many, clairsentience is the ability to feel emotions and atmosphere around an experience, event, or individual. For others, it is the ability to feel information by touching an object (see psychometry). Often, a clairsentient is consulted to help heal and release past emotional traumas by helping the client come to terms with suppressed emotions.
- Empath – An empath is an individual that can feel and control another person’s emotions or emotional state.
- Lithomancy – Lithomancy is the psychic art of reading stones (gemstones and crystals) by tossing them down and analyzing their patterns based upon location, orientation, and proximity. Lithomancers use a quadrant map and the meanings of the stones to predict the future to the client.
- I-ching – An ancient Chinese oracle that reveals spiritual based messages by tossing either coins or yarrow sticks on a table to form a trigram. The trigram is then applied to the client’s life providing them with additional insight into their past, present, and future.
- Palmistry – The art of characterization and foretelling the future through the study of the palm.
- Rune Readings – Runes are an ancient alphabet used for divining the future. The runes are cast on a mat to discern future events or path a problem or issue will manifest.
- Numerology – Numerology is the study of numbers and how they apply to an individual’s life. This is done in many ways – either through the name given at birth, the current name used, or the client’s birthdate. Like astrology and the constant shift of the planets, numbers also shift revealing future insight into a client’s life.
- Tarot Readings – Tarot exploded in popularity during the 1960’s when author Eden Gray’s paperback book was released to market. Her book contained modernized meanings to the Rider Waite Smith deck that was produced earlier in the century. Since then, numerous tarot decks have been produced are one of the most popular items at New Age shops around the world. The Tarot is a system of 78 cards that are used in many different ways to gain insight into an individual’s life. Tarot readers (called Tarotists) use spreads to assign particular lenses through which the reader interprets the card.
These are just the top 20 types of psychic readings. I will explore many of their uses and other types of readings in future blogs.